I’m not sure where these 8 points about customers came from but they are attributed to Irving oil Company. These 8 points remind me of why I am where I am in my business today.
When it’s really hot out and I’m dirty, sweaty and tired, when traffic is terrible and the customer’s dog keeps sniffing my crotch and getting in my way (I love dogs however won’t you please just put the dog up while I’m there), and nothing seems to be going my way and I slip on the roof and think I am going to die, I need to remember these eight points.
- A customer is the most important person in our business.
- A customer is not an interruption of our work; he is the purpose of it.
- We are not doing a customer a favor by serving him; he is doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.
- A customer is not dependent upon us; we are dependent upon him.
- A customer is not an outsider to our business; he is part of it.
- A customer is not someone to argue or match wits with.
- Nobody ever won an argument with a customer.
- A customer is someone who brings us his wants and it’s our job to handle them profitable and professionally to him and ourselves.
Thank you for choosing Armour Chimney Service!