Improper clearance to combustibles was probably what really caused the structure fire. This was preventable. Sad.


Chimney fire destroys Clearwater County home, sends one to hospital

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 6:08 PM PSTUpdated: Feb 21, 2018 6:08 PM PST

CLEARWATER COUNTY, Idaho –Clearwater County Sheriff’s Office says a chimney fire destroyed a house fire on Turkey Run Drive Friday. It appeared that the fire started in the chimney and spread to the attic area. Homeowner Kory Coonce was residing at the residence at the time of the fire and was uninjured. Jesse D. Coonce, Kory’s father, was transported by Clearwater County Ambulance to Clearwater Valley Hospital for smoke inhalation. The house was a total loss.